Saturday, May 7, 2011

Doncaster Apple store a bit disappointing with iPad 2

I've been interested in getting an iPad 2 but have been fence sitting because there are quite a few serious limitations with the device. Nearly two weeks ago I checked with the Doncaster store and they said to go to a particular site and reserve one. If you're lucky you might get one.

I've been checking for nearly two weeks and no stock has been available. I decided to find out from the store if there is a trick. The problem is there are a lot of staff there but you have to wait for a long time to talk to someone and when you do, they don't know and you then have to wait again. For a company known for it's great customer service I'm not impressed.

Now after all this waiting I get to talk to a staff member who knows what is going on. They've stopped using the online site for reservations as they've had problems. They could of course have updated the site to let me know, but instead chose to waste my time. I'm totally unimpressed.

If you now want to know if there is stock, you have to call the store between 11-11:30am to find out if stock has arrived. They won't hold it for you so you have to turn up and hope it is still there.

Overall I'm over waiting for an iPad 2 and will now wait for the new crop of tablets coming out.

I can handle the limitations. I can handle the stock shortage. But I can't handle beimg treated like I don't matter. Once that happens those many limiations of the iPad 2 are no longer so easy to overlook.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au

No comments: