Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Returning an Apple iPad 2 to the Apple store in Doncaster

I decided last night with much reluctance that the iPad 2 wasn’t for me. Every day I would be switching from the iPad 2 to a netbook to do things the browser on the iPad 2 wouldn’t allow me to do. It wasn’t just because a site ran Flash, but also because sites aren’t supported by the browser and sites flip to a mobile version which in some cases aren’t very good or provide limited functionality.

For me the iPad 2 was not the device I needed. I wanted to replace my current netbook with the iPad 2. All I really needed was the Safari browser the same as the desktop version and that would have worked for me. I would have gained the better battery life, the portability and the much better presentation of the iPad 2. But I found too many restrictions in the browser and too many of the sites I use on a daily basis did not work. I didn’t expect that. The iPad 2 is an excellent device with many good features which will suit many people.

To Apple’s full credit they accepted the return of the unit (which was slightly outside of the 14 day period) and provided a full refund. You can’t ask for a better outcome than that.

Thank you Apple.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au

No comments: